October 11, 2021
Top 17 Eco-Friendly Spring Cleaning Hacks
With much of the eastern coast in lockdown, and Spring well and truly underway, there’s no better time than the present to tackle a Spring Clean. We’ve collected the best 35 eco-friendly hacks for overhauling your house in the smartest and quickest way this Spring.
- Remove any expired and unwanted medicines from your medicine cabinet and take them to your nearest pharmacy for safe and environmentally friendly disposal
- Use lemon to wipe down any stainless steel taps or kitchen goods
- Add vinegar to your dishwasher to get rid of any residual smells
- Defrost your freezer quickly by unplugging it, removing any food and placing a boiling pot of water in your freezer
- To remove grease, mix a paste of 1 tablespoon baking soda, ½ tablespoon dish soap, and ½ tablespoon water
- Put a bowel or lemons, vinegar and water into the microwave and
- To remove stubborn soap scum, cover your shower surface with a 1:1 paste of baking soda and water, then spray with a 1:1 combination of vinegar and water before wiping it down thoroughly
- To unclog your shower head, pour white vinegar in a plastic bag and fastens it to the shower head with a rubber band. She advises letting it soak for an hour before wiping clean with a wet cloth.
- Use a toothbrush and baking soda to clean tile grout
- Add one cup of vinegar to your washing machine to freshen up
- Mix baking soda, citric acid, and vinegar to make small toilet pods to drop into your toilet and clean
- DIY your window cleaner by mixing 8 parts water to 1 part vinegar and using a microfibre cloth
- Use old newspaper to clean windows following
- Freshen up your rugs and couches by sprinkling baking soda onto them, letting it sit for 30 minutes, and then vacuuming thoroughly
- To clean your monitors and TV screens, simply spray a microfibre cloth with a solution of 1 part vinegar to three parts water and wipe over the screen.
- Freshen up mattresses by sprinkling baking soda all over it, letting it sit for 2-3 hours and vacuuming thoroughly after 30 minutes
- Cut up old t-shirts and re-use them as cleaning and dusting rags